This page last changed on Jun 02, 2009 by rpenate.
The following are the relevant jira issues:
These are issues of a two-dimensional nature---layout, organization, and content of individual pages.
In alpha2, pages are inconsistent (see: screenshot). We should treat pages in a standard way, as per this mockup:
For the sidebar:
- Navigation parallels the data (Data -> Workspaces -> Store - > Resource; Publishing -> Map -> Layers) (GEOS-2889)
- Clarify around distinction b/w resource/layer, configured/published (GEOS-2891)
- Move actions (e.g., Add resource) up above tables (GEOS-2894)
- Integrate number of results into pagination (GEOS-2904)
- Capitalize column headings (GEOS-2896)
- Pagination at top and bottom (GEOS-2897)
- Increase results to 25 per page
- Add icon for remove, should perhaps be made to look button-like (GEOS-2899)
- Replace true/false in "Enabled" column with tick/cross (GEOS-2899)
- Replace type with icon (e.g., vector, raster, etc.) on tables (e.g., Stores)(GEOS-2901)
- Clarify the meaning of the 'Filter' (GEOS-2903)
- "name" is not a good column heading, call it what it is (GEOS-2900)
- Add icon to "Add...", where approrpiate (GEOS-2899)
- Workspace Properties: Table heading order should be: Store, Type, Enabled, Remove (GEOS-2998, GEOS-2999)
- Stores, Layers: what is 'Batch remove..."? (GEOS-2944)
- Stores: Table heading order should be: Store, Workspace, Type, Enabled, Remove (GEOS-2998)
- Store Properties: Should have a table of available/configured resources
- Edit Data Source: Needs a way of seeing and accessing associated resources/layers
- Add Data Source: Requires URL, why not upload TTW? See: GeoCommons (http://img.skitch.com/20090416-8t2xixf2n8m3eqif87andcfdpr.png)
- Add Data Source: Should include and parse the ESRI metadata
- Layers: Table heading order should be: Layer, Store, Workspace, Type, Enabled, Preview, Remove (GEOS-2998)
- Layer Properties: Should have a layer preview (GEOS-3000)
- Layer Properties: Separate Metadata, Spatial, and Attributes tabs (GEOS-3001)
- Layer Preview: Verify that "Common Formats" links to GeoSearch (if available) instead of OpenLayers
- Layer group: Styles are live edits, need icon or dropdown (GEOS-3006)
- Layer group: SRS list should have a link on the title as well (GEOS-3006)
- Layer group: reverse order, add ordering numbers; e.g., Netflix (GEOS-3007)
- Workspaces, Layer Groups: CSS issues; e.g., bullets
- New Workspace: remove whitespace above heading
- New Workspace: capitalize 'uri' in help text
- SRS List: Style pagination to match
- Styles: needs title and descriptive text (GEOS-3008)
These are issues of a three-dimensional nature---workflows and issues that require action across multiple pages.
- Workspace: Add store from workspace screen
- Store: Add resource from workspace screen
- Stores: Add store into workspace. Useful?
- Remove is persistent even if you hit cancel on the form. Change?
- Tables... Clicking on row or clicking on field?
- Resource properties: Summary tab should include useful info; ability to preview, export, and publish (e.g., http://finder.geocommons.com/overlays/1887)
- (2.1) 'Workflow': Add resource -> Save and publish
- (2.1) 'Workflow': Add layer -> from new resource (add resource) -> publish
- Plugin and extension management, incl. GeoWebCache
- Version compatibility of plugins, extensions, and applications
- Welcome Blank Slate: blank slating. what are the use cases?
- "Your version of GeoServer is out of date. You are running 1.7.4, download 2.0"
- Consumers want contact info, a brief explanation of the purpose of the server, and easy access to the data on it.
- Providers want easy way to see how many resources are configured or not, how many layers are published or not, what plugins/extensions are installed, what are the versions of the plugins, when the last time any user logged in / changed the configuration
- Batch add/publish workflow (ask Ivan)
- Styler inline on Layer Properties page