This page last changed on Jan 19, 2014 by aaime.
A quick summary of the proposal. Use a single sentence to sum up the proposal. Save the "why" for the Motivation section.
Assigned to Release
Choose one of: Under Discussion, In Progress, Completed, Rejected, Deferred
The importer module eases in a significant way the configuration of large amounts of layer for those that are not interested in using REST config directly, and provides its own REST api to manage large data imports with ease.
- The module has a handful of users (at least 3): the module has been in use inside the OpenGeo Suite for a while, exposing it to a variety of users, and it's also in use by the MapStory project
- The module has a designated and active maintainer: Justin Deoliveira, Andrea Aime
- The module is considered stable by the majority of the PSC: this is what the PSC will have to vote on
- The module maintains a 40% test coverage: coverage by submodule and lines of code as reported by CLOC (pure line of code, no whitespace, core at 69%, 6305 lines, rest at 70%, 2136 lines, bdb at 65%, 454 lines, web at 0%, 2452 lines. Overall coverage: 54% (6305 * 0.69 + 2136 * 0.7 + 454 * 0.65 = 6140, over 6305 + 2136 + 454 + 2452 = 11347)
- The module has no IP violations: not aware of any
- The module has a page in the user manual: yes, the module has a documentation page, more about REST API is incoming
- The maintainer has signed the GeoServer contributor Agreement: yes
This section should contain feedback provided by PSC members who may have a problem with the proposal.
State here any backwards compatibility issues.
Alessio Fabiani: +1
Andrea Aime: +1
Justin Deoliveira: +1
Simone Giannecchini: +0
[JIRA Task|GEOS\-6294 Graduate the importer module to extension status]